Obviously, I have not had a homebirth yet. I will be 23 weeks on Sunday, but Abrielle’s due date cannot come soon enough. But…as I read all these “mommy blogs” and “pregnancy blogs,” I find myself feeling extra, extra happy that I will having a homebirth. They are preparing for things that I don’t even have to worry about! So here it is, another great list.
1. I do not have to choose “going home” outfits for Abrielle or myself. We will already be home.
2. All of my prenatal care has taken place in the living room of my apartment. Yes, I am a spoiled brat. Yes, my midwife is wonderful.
3. I do not have to pack a hospital bag or worry about which foods I could eat in the hospital. At home, I will eat what I darn well want (which probably won’t be much, but that’s beside the point).
4. I do not have to worry about the nurses not reading my birth plan. I have every confidence that my midwife and I are on the same page (ha, unintended pun!).
5. I do not have to worry about what to feed my husband at the hospital. We will be home and he can eat instant lunch like always (note: I do not feed him that, but it’s one of his favorite foods).