Haters don’t hate—I’m about to say something dangerous. I’m somewhat bored. Growing up, saying I was bored would earn me a lot of chores. Now I figure it will probably earn me a few glares. I’ve got under 40 days left until my due date, and I keep looking for ways to fill my time.
Typically, this would not be a problem. I would be working, exercising, hanging out with friends, going on long outings, etc. Pregnancy has brought a few more challenges than I expected, one of which has been severe joint pain which pretty much makes any type of exercise (aside from walking) not worth it to me. I know that this status of being “bored” will probably never again be true for me. I’ll have a baby to take care of, and then endless demands on my time for the rest of my life (I’ve seen how busy “empty nesters” are).
So, because I’m bored, I’m blogging, and I have an awesome list of how I fill my time. This is not to say of course, that I don’t have days that are totally busy and overwhelming. Without further ado…
1) I’ve divided my day into three parts. The first part, 9am-12pm is spent getting ready for the day, making lunch for hubby, maybe playing a game with hubby before he leaves for work. The second part, 12pm-5pm is the most productive part of the day (theoretically). This is my chance to see a friend, run some errands, do laundry, or do some chores. Then I eat lunch and take a 2 hour nap. The last part of the day (5-10pm) is the most difficult part to fill. I’m usually very tired and unmotivated. I might work on a project that involves sitting on the couch, or just surf Pinterest online, or read a book. At 10pm, hubby gets home and we get to spend time together.
2) I’ve been reading a ton of books. I read 7-10 books a week.
3) Accessing next month’s budgeting needs.
4) Surfing online for good deals on the rest of the baby things we need.
5) Making lists of things that need cleaning.
6) Organizing the baby room. I’ve actually made labels for the shelf in her wardrobe.
7) Reading “mommy blogs.” It’s a dangerous pasttime though. You either get a mommy gushing about her new baby and how much she loves being a mother, or you get the three part play-by-play of the birth story from hell.
That’s all I can think of for now…oh yeah, and blogging. Torturing cyberspace with my blogging. 😉